Sunday, September 09, 2012

September is the new January

Gretchen Rubin of the Happiness Project recently wrote that "September is the new January". September is an appropriate time for starting over and new resolutions; it's the start of the school year, the change of seasons, a time for reflection and contemplation, and also action.

It's a time of change for me as well, and I've made a few resolutions of my own. I recently started the seemingly never ending task of decluttering once again, clearing out closets and shelves. shedding old possessions and leaving room for new life, new energy, new thoughts. Today I had my windows cleaned (I will not confess how long it's been since I've had really clean windows), and I savor the light, the brightness, the clear September sky now easily visible through all the rooms of my house! I also start a new job this month full of hope, promise, and new direction.

There is a passage in the Baha'i scripture The Hidden Words which says "I loved thy creation, hence I created thee... " * I have always taken this to mean that we were loved even before our inception (much like the Psalm "you knit me together in my mother's womb" *, I always visualize a tiny little crocheted skeleton!) I recently came across a different interpretation, that what we create: our life, our actions, our contribution, is loved. I never thought of it that way before.

So in this September, this time of transformation and renewal, I begin again the task of creating a life, my life with my own hopes, dreams, interests, aspirations, values...... And as I look out my newly cleaned windows, I look forward to what the new season brings!

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

May your hopes and dreams come to pass, Anne. And good luck with the new job, of course. Art

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks so much Art!!!! :-)

Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter